A $30B science-led global healthcare company who researches, develops, and manufactures pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines, and consumer healthcare products wanted to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing, and trusted healthcare companies.
20-year-old contact center that served both patients and healthcare providers posed a risk to that goal.
Customer experience owner needed to
- Meet a critical timeline
- A year delay if project wasn’t completed prior to flu vaccine ordering season
Staff the desk with talent that had knowledge across diverse patient issues
- Adverse event reporting, quality concerns, financial assistance, coupons, and product samples
Use all of the communication channels
- Voice, email, and web call back only
The technology owner needed to
- Modernize an aging infrastructure
- Automate manual processes
- Improve reliability
Contact center platform modernization featured automation, systems and data integration, and deep industry talent.
Automated customer experience via NICE inContact call center platform
Automated outbound calling
Addition of chat and social channels
Automated speech recognition
Automated employee experience
Standardized and automated manual processes
Integrated systems data into one view
Implemented across five contact centers, in months!
Connected with more customers
Eased employee experience
Improved patient and healthcare provider satisfaction
- Automated outbound calling helped secure revenue of product valued at more than $9M (with an average staffing cost per year of only $110,000)
- 75% reduction in downtime reduced lost calls, avoiding revenue losses of more than $1M
- By adding additional channels, call volume increased by 40% with the same number of staff and dissatisfaction rates were cut in half
- Streamlined data handling between systems (CRM, IVR, social media platform)
- Automated Speech Recognition improved the accuracy and speed of more than 100,000 calls per year and transformed directory assistance to be completely self-service